Music for your enjoyment!!


Monday, October 8, 2007

How it all began!

Well since Katie wanted to know I guess I will post my little love story.
The first time I met Pat... I was a senior in high school and had a boyfriend who I totally thought that I was going to marry. We were always together and I loved his family. So I was cheering at a wrestling meet and after my friend Laree saw him and said come over here with me I want to say hi to my brothers friend who just happened to be Pat. He had just gotten home from his mission and was helping coach the Orem High wrestling team. Then a few months later we went to St. George for a wrestling tournament that was one of the highlights of the year, he was there. I still had a boyfriend and was not looking at him in that way. Don't get me wrong I thought that he was cute. While we were there we went to eat at the Pizza Slut YUCK!!!! We were leaving and some girls pulled in the parking lot and were hitting on some of the wrestlers and they kissed one the kids on the team and someone made a comment that they were sure that Pat was a better kisser and so he kissed them too. My friends and I totally made fun of them for that. Then in March my boyfriend and I broke up. I was at my friend Laree's house and we were talking to her brother and I said that I though that Pat was cute. So his brother said that he would mention me to him and see what he said. Oh, by the way we had hung out a few times with a big group. So anyway we were suppose to go to a big party and eveyone pooped out and left Pat and I alone. I think that it was on purpose. So we went to a movie and then went and got a ZUKA Juice. It was called that back then. I took him home after that. Yes, I was driving. His friends picked him up. We hung out a few more times and then I was leaving for Cheer nationals and he went to the mall with me for a few thing and then before he took me home he kissed me. I was so excited. After that it was kind of on the DL because he helped coach the team. The head coach knew and he kept giving me a hard time because he was one of my teachers. After that we were always together.

What Happend Next?

Pat and I dated for almost 2 year before we decided to get married. There were alot of ups and downs. We broke up a few times and there were alot of tears involved. But... in March of 2001 we took the plung and he proposed to me. I think that my mom was going to kill us because we picked a date 6 weeks after my brother. We were married June 2, 2001. It has now been 61/2 years and we are still married. We have been through alot together. Losing my dad and two miscarriages. We have one beautiful little girl. As you can see from the posts below.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I didn't know you dated for so long! I thought you guys got married like right after you started dating! hahah I think I have listening problems! Everyone goes through a lot... and I think you guys are a really strong couple, and I'm so glad I know you!!! hehe I'm a cheeser.

Elly said...

Well if you are a cheeser than I am just a baby. I started to tear up when I read yours.